Molds are not plants, they are not plants because they have no chlorophyll, nor do they have leaves, roots, or stems, and they have no firm cellulose based cell wall. Mold cell walls are made of chitin, the same stuff crab and shrimp shells are made of.
Mold is compiled of microscopic thread like structures called hyphae; in fact the root word mould is an old North Western European term possibly a Viking term meaning fuzzy.
Mold is made of microscopic fibers, and it produces microscopic spores, but mold is not microscopic. Like you and me, it starts out as a single microscopic cell, after a while it grows into a visible, fuzzy, smelly, colorful, living mass of fibrous connected cells.
It always amazes me how many mold inspection claims on the internet that mold is microscopic, then two lines later the same mold inspector says it has a fuzzy appearance. If it is microscopic it would not have any appearance because it would be too small to see. If it is microscopic then why do we use terms like green mold, and black mold. If it is microscopic then how do we see it growing on rotten fruit, or on or clothes in moldy closets, or on walls. How does a mold inspector inspect for mold if it is microscopic. Most mold is not microscopic, it is Macroscopic, that means it is big enough to be seen with the necked eye. Do not schedule a mold assessment or testing with a company that claims we will perform a visual inspection for something that is microscopic.
Molds are found to exist everywhere, indoors as well as outdoors. Spores indoors are more hazardous than an outdoor spores, it is not that they are different; it is just that when produced indoors mold spores can become easily concentrated. Also we spend so much time indoors that we are exposed to mold indoors to such a degree that they make us sick. Mold spores indoors are at an elevated health risk to residents or employees in an office. Some of the most common indoor molds are Aspergillus, Alternaria, Cladosporium, Chaetomium, Fusarium, Penicillium, and Stachybotrys. As mold spores are perilous to health, even the dead or dormant (stationary while waiting for surplus moisture to continue growth) molds are perilous, such that even getting a whiff of dead or dormant molds can make mold-sensitive people ill. Some people are very sensitive to mold, others are not as sensitive, and as such there are no government set exposure limits to mold.
Customarily, it is observed that mold infestation is regarded to be advancing if indoor mold samples exhibit higher spore counts than outdoor levels during testing. Pregnant ladies, infants, the unborn babies in the mother’s womb, elders, and especially people with allergies, asthma, and immune system defects are at greater risk from mold. If you fit the above category or if you are a human and expect a problem call a mold inspector for testing and inspection of your property.
Mold spores do not reproduce or grow in a deficiency of moisture. So, indoor mold growth can be prevented by controlling indoor moisture and humidity. If organic materials stay moist or damp for more than 24 to 48 hours they may become moldy but in the real world it sometimes takes a week or so. It is highly impossible to remove all the indoor mold spores as they will be present inside the house dust and hovering in the air.
Mold growth is a result of negligence in maintenance. This negligence permits moisture to enter the building, making it a toxic mold building or house. The house owner or employer must fix this water problem that facilitates mold growth. Effective measures to kill the mold with home remedy or treating it by cleaning and mold home remedy recipes should not be tried in most cases. First the owner must fix all the water problem areas such as roof or plumbing leakage. Next it is recommended you call a certified mold inspection firm who will send out a mold inspector to detect and diagnose the mold infestation quandary and provide clear written explanations and recommendations regarding your mold condition.