Utah Disaster Specialists Mold Damage

Utah Mold Damage Remediation

Mold In Your Home Is Unhealthy

Have you seen mold in your home? Have you caught the musty or earthy odor as you are walking through the house? Have seen the effects of this potentially deadly growth in yourself or family members? One thing is for certain, household mold can create unsightly stains, and even become unhealthy. There are measures to help prevent the growth and spread of mold, but often requires the work of an Utah mold damage cleanup specialist. After a preliminary inspection, it may be necessary to call in a mold damage cleanup specialists so that the mold can be removed.

How Can I Reduce The Risk of Mold?

There are steps you can take to help reduce the invasion of mold damage in your Utah home. Fixing water leaks immediately and maintaining regular maintenance checks on HVAC systems. The relative humidity of indoor air should be kept at or below 60%, a preferred rating falls somewhere between the 30% to 50% range. To reduce moisture levels in cold and dry air increase airflow to the area. You may need a dehumidifier to reduce the moisture in the air to acceptable levels.

Where Does Mold Grow?

Mold can grow on just about any organic substance when oxygen and moisture are available. Different species of mold can grow on carpet, wood, foods, paper, and insulation. When water damage is undetected, mold damage can spread rapidly. It is not possible to exterminate every mold spore or growth that can be found in your home, but controlling the environment can help to eliminate problems through moisture control.

Why Should I Hire A Professional?

One of the best reasons for bringing in the professionals for mold damage cleanup is the reduced health risk to yourself and family members. When the pros come in to do mold damage cleanup, they have all the needed protective equipment to include gloves, respirators, and safety goggles. Some cases may require containment to prevent further spreading. One of the biggest problems with mold growth is the respiratory problems it can create. The health risk alone is worth hiring a professional for your mold damage cleanup.

Mycotoxins have also been shown to affect humans in many ways:

  • Memory loss
  • Lack of focus or concentration
  • Chronic fatigue
  • Headaches
  • Nose and throat irritation
  • Burning, itching or watering eyes
  • Nausea & exhaustion after a routine activity
  • Serious swelling in legs, ankles, feet & odor sensitivity

Many of us have experienced one or several of these symptoms at any given time.

Generally these symptoms are attributed to cold or flu. Doctors will go with the obvious diagnosis first. What if it is more serious and a result of excessive and prolonged mold exposure? If there is any question, have your home or office inspected for mold. Securing services for mold damage cleanup may save you money and possible health issues in the long run.